The 5K Event
This year the 5K Your Way event takes place on Wednesday 18th June, 6.30pm, at Hackney Marshes, just moments away from the London 2012 Olympic Park
With improved public transport links and parking and cycle racks available at the venue, Hackney Marshes is easily accessible from many London locations. Whichever form of transport you choose you are sure to be impressed by the Olympic stadiums that you will see on your journey there.
We would advise you to take public transport or cycle to the venue. Here is a link to a tube map. If you are driving, we would like to encourage a car sharing system. If you are driving and have some spare space in your car or would like a lift to the venue, perhaps you could arrange this through the 5K Your Way Facebook page – www.Facebook.com/5kyourway.
5K Your Way – Wednesday 2nd May, Hackney Marshes, off Homerton Road, E9 5PF
The brand new Hackney Marshes centre has the necessary infrastructure in place so is ideal for the 5K Your Way event. With a huge roof terrace, licensed bar area and catering facilities, you can socialise at the venue after the event. A meal can be purchased from as little as £4 so you can refuel for your journey home, or stay a little later to enjoy the evening your colleagues.
- 16:45 onwards Participant arrival
- 17:30 Baggage area opens (The baggage area will be locked from 18:25 – 19:00)
- 17.45 Team photos
- 18:15 Event opens with warm-up – suitable for all levels.
- 18:25 Participants taken to start line
- 18:30 The run begins
- 18:45 – 19:45 Participants finish, receive their water and bananas and return to collect their baggage. Then cheer on friends and colleagues still finishing.
- 19:45 Prize Giving – Winners and improved participant awards
- 20:05 Event finishes
- 20:05 onwards – Hackney Marshes Centre remains open for socialising with a licensed bar and food served until 10pm.
* Subject to change
John Thorne from London Borough of Islington recieving the “Fittest Workplace” award at 5K Your Way 2012
Why not test out your journey to the Hackney Marshes venue and take part in a free timed 5K whilst doing so. Parkrun have a weekly 5K run at Hackney Marshes every Saturday morning. Click here for details . (Please note 5K Your Way 5K route is not the same).
5K Your Way Delivery Partners
PRO-ACTIVE London is five regional Partnerships working together, whose common purpose is to deliver 1% increased participation in sport and physical activity in London.
Innovative Workplace Well-being expertise for companies that care about their staff. MOTIVATE programmes are focused on the themes of physical activity, healthy eating and creating a better work-life balance.